Who we are
Our website address is: https://anneleenvaes.be.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Ireland Limited) is a web analysis service provided by Google Ireland Limited (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data processed: Tracker; Usage Data.
Who we share your data with
We share your data with the following third party plugins. Note that in most of these cases we only share high-level information with these third parties.
For functionality purposes
- Elementor: enables the block system our site works with
- Automaticc: enables to filter out spam in our comments
- Plugindevs: enables a before and after slider
- WordPress.org: enables us to import blog content from Blogger to WordPress
- Lilaea Media: enables us to create a child theme from the parent theme we use
- Joy Chetry: to enable infinite scroll on our portfolio page
- Really Simple Plugins: to enable our SSL certificate
- John Godley: to redirect broken links
- Wordfence: to secure login on the website and add a anti-virus, firewall and a mallware scanner
- Team Yoast: to improve the SEO of the website
For analytical purposes
- Google: to monitor and analyze web traffic and keep track of user behavior
- MonsterInsights: to create a dashboard within WordPress to view the statistics generated by Google
- Vimeo: collects data on the user’s visits to the website
- LinkedIn: to track the use of embedded services and if a web page contains an embedded “Follow us” panel
- Scorecard Research: to collect information of the user and his/her movement, to analyse traffic patterns and to carry out surveys
To embed media
- Slideshare: to embed documents
- Vimeo: to embed videos
- LinkedIn: to embed documents and presentations
- Smash Balloon: to embed Instagram posts & feeds
To collect data for communication
- Elementor: to collect the data from our forms.
- Sean Barton – Tortoise IT: to save data from those forms in a database.
- WPForms: to forward data from our forms to our inbox
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
We keep contact form entries for six months and analytics records for a year.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
This is an overview of the third party plugins we work with, outside of the EU:
- Google Analytics
- Scorecard Research
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
You can contact the owner of the website, Anneleen Vaes, via firstname.lastname@example.org or on Sint-Martinusplein 9E/29, 3600 Genk.
How we protect your data
We protect customer data with the following site features:
We are entirely using SSL/HTTPS throughout all our sites. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization. Databases are sanitized (actual user personal details are removed) before deploying to development or testing environment.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In case of a data breach, System administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
What third parties we receive data from
We receive data from the following third parties: